Friday, July 5, 2013

Mobile Devices

I have nev


 hh                                             This QR code should take you to my blog homepage.






I have never used mobile devices in my classroom before, but after looking over this course, I am going to find ways to sprinkle it into my class.  I am far from a tech wizard, so I won't branch out too much just yet.  I do see myself using QR codes for a few different things.  I am planning on my students filling out exit slips on an online website called Socrative, a site I learned about in the Assessments course.  I could easily give them a QR code to scan just before they leave my room.  I was also planning on having students fill out a quick online survey of how the homework went that night.  I could easily put that QR code on my webpage for them to use if they forget the website.  Another way that I can see myself using QR codes right away is for my practice test review.  I usually give them 8 or 9 questions to practice for the next day's test.  We quickly go over the answers at the end of class.  I have been asked by students who were absent to post my practice questions and answers, and QR codes would be quick and easy.  I always leave the answer key out for students to check their work, but a lot of them complain they don't have time to come in and check their answers; another problem that I can solve with QR codes because they would be able to access the answers anywhere.  

Some teachers may worry that encouraging students to use their phone more in the classroom might lead to more problems, but my students use them all of the time for their calculators.  I have firm expectations on when cell phones can be used, and I have never had a problem before and I don't anticipate this being a problem either.  

QR Code base

No comments:

Post a Comment