Friday, July 12, 2013

RSS Feeds

I can see where RSS feeds would be valuable to helping to find creative instruction for my classroom.  I can also see how using Netvibes would allow you to monitor a lot of information in one centrally located spot, saving you time and energy.  The things I would be most interested in following would be different newspapers and Podcasts off of iTunes.  The iTunes stores has a lot of different Podcast to follow, including educational Podcasts.  Glancing through some of the Podcasts that were available, I could easily see myself listening/following different sports Podcasts.  Because there are so many ffeds or posts to sift through, it is a good idea to use something called a filter.  It will allow you to filter all of the posts with keywords to help you find information quicker, plus it helps you sift through all of the unwanted information, again saving you time and frustration.  As far as how often I will look for information through RSS feeds, probably not very often to start with, at least during the school year.  I will play around with them more over the summer, and if I find a couple I really enjoy and see a direct application in my classroom, then of course I will use it.  Once the school year gets going I as so busy, and probably won't have much time.  I'm hoping over these last 6 weeks of summer that I'll be able to find a Podcast that works for me and my classroom, and then I know I will a valuable spot to check for resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment