Monday, July 1, 2013

Customizing You Browser

I never realized the differences in the different web browsers.  I was always stubborn, unwilling to change from internet explorer, except at school where I had to change.  I am currently using firefox at home, but after looking at chrome I think I will be making the switch.  I like that I can transfer "my chrome" on any device and everything updates automatically.

The first add-on that I tried was Pocket.  I can see where this would be an extremely useful tool, especially for students.  There are many time I stumble across a webpage that looks interesting, but I don't have the time to look at it, or it is a site that I would like to quickly find again.  Well, pocket lets you do just that.  It is easy to use and is great for collecting research or storing a webpage to view later.

The second was CouponsHelper.  This is wonderful.  CouponHelper will automatically show you coupons that are available for any retailer's webpage that you visit.  The coupons appear on a yellow bar near the top of your screen, very simple.

The third was Quick Translator.  This isn't an add-on that I would use very often, but I think this add-on would be very useful for students.  It was simple and can translate many languages.  I didn't spend as much time looking at this add-on, but what I saw looked useful for someone learning a new language.

Overall, I am surprised how little I actually knew about web browsers.  Although I feel like I know quite a bit more than I did before, there is still a lot to discover and I look forward to playing around with them a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment